Ingredients Needed for Apple Waffle French Toast
- 4 slices of Aunt Millie’s Cinnamon Swirl Bread
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 c. Milk
- 1/4 t. Nutmeg
- 1/2 t. Cinnamon
- 1/2 t. Vanilla Extract
- 4 medium Apples, peeled, cored, and chopped into cubes
- 1 t. Lemon Juice
- 3 T. Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 t. Salt
- 1/4 c. Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 c. Light Brown Sugar
- 2 t. Ground Cinnamon
- 1 T. Cornstarch
- 1 T. Pecans, chopped
- 1 T. Craisins
- 1 Can of Whipped Cream
Directions for Apple Waffle French Toast
- Preheat waffle iron to medium low heat.
- Mix together the eggs, milk, nutmeg, cinnamon, and vanilla. Soak bread slices in the wet mixture for a 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, combine the sliced apples with the lemon juice and toss well to coat. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the apples, salt, and both sugars, mixing well to combine. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the apples are soft and have begun to release some of their juices, about 8 to 10 minutes. Add in the cinnamon and cornstarch, mix well, and allow mixture to thicken, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Place soaked pieces of bread in waffle iron and cook until golden brown.
- Top with your apple mixture, chopped pecans, and craisins. Whipped Cream is optional, but encouraged! Serve and enjoy you Apple Waffle French Toast.