- 8 slices Aunt Millie’s Cinnamon Swirl Bread
- 6 medium eggs
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup butter (1 stick)
- 4 bananas, sliced
- 3 Tablespoons dark rum
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
Directions | Yield: 8 servings
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, cinnamon, and milk. Soak each slice of bread in the egg mixture until bread has absorbed some of the mixture.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 Tablespoons butter. Add 4 bread slices and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Repeat with 2 Tablespoons butter and remaining bread slices.
- Transfer cooked bread slices to a large platter and place in a 200°F oven to keep warm while making the sauce.
- Wipe out the skillet, and melt the remaining butter. Add the bananas and cook until softened and begin to brown. Pull the pan off the heat, and add the rum, brown sugar, and vanilla. Stir gently to coat the bananas.
- Remove the bread slices from the oven and top with the sauce.