Ingredients Needed for Cider-Brined Pulled Pork
- 1 package Aunt Millie’s Hearth Kaiser Hamburger Buns
- 1 bone-in pork shoulder or Boston butt, 5-7 pounds
- Cheese (if desired)
- Coleslaw (if desired)
- Barbecue sauce (if desired)
- 4 cups apple cider
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup coarse salt, plus one teaspoon, for coating
- ½ cup dark brown sugar, plus one teaspoon, for coating
- ⅓ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, for coating
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika, for coating
- 1 teaspoon cumin, for coating
Directions | Yield: 8 servings of Cider-Brined Pulled Pork
- In a large plastic container, combine all of the brine ingredients and stir until the salt and sugar crystals have completely dissolved.
- Be sure the pork is almost fully immersed in the brine. Cover and refrigerate for 8-12 hours.
- Remove the pork from the brine and pat the meat dry with a couple paper towels. Combine salt, pepper, smoked paprika, cumin, and brown sugar. Coat pork with a thin layer of the spice mix.
- Place pork into a slow cooker and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Once your pork is done cooking, remove the fat cap and shred the meat using two forks. Keep meat in the juices to keep in the deliciousness. Serve with cheese, coleslaw, or coat it with barbecue sauce. Enjoy your Cider-Brined Pulled Pork!