Ingredients Needed for Eggs Poached in Tomato Sauce
- 4 Slices Aunt Millie’s Live Carb Smart® Wheat Bread, toasted
- 1 jar (12 ounces) favorite low-sodium marinara sauce with onions and peppers
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 4 tablespoons fresh Parmesan cheese
Directions | Yield: 4 servings of Eggs Poached in Tomato Sauce
- Preheat a large skillet over medium heat. Add marinara to the pan.
- Form 4 indentations into the marinara sauce using the back of a spoon, and crack one egg into each indentation.
- Cover and cook the eggs until the white is set but the yolk is still runny, about 5-7 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley and Parmesan.
- Place one toast slice on 4 plates, and top with the desired amount of sauce and one egg.
- Enjoy your Eggs Poached in Tomato Sauce for breakfast or serve with a salad for a light lunch.