Ingredients Needed for Ham and Cheese Egg in a Hole
- 3 slices Aunt Millie’s Live Carb Smart White Bread
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 3 large eggs
- 3 slices of Deli Style Ham
- 3 T. of Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese, divided evenly
- 1 Bunch of Green Onions, sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Directions | Yield: 3 servings of Ham and Cheese Egg in a Hole
- Preheat the broiler on low. Spread butter evenly over both sides of each slice of bread. Cut a 2-inch hole in the center of each slice.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat; cook bread slices and cutouts for until golden brown on the bottom. Flip over and place a slice of ham and sprinkle one tablespoon of cheese. Crack the egg into each hole, on top of the ham and cheese. Cook for 2 or 3 minutes or until bread is golden brown and egg is set on the bottom. Transfer cutouts to small dish; set aside. Season eggs with salt and pepper.
- Transfer skillet to oven; broil for 3 to 5 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Once eggs are cooked thoroughly, plate, and top with green onion. Serve and enjoy your Ham and Cheese Egg in a Hole.