Ingredients Needed for Hawaiian Grilled Burgers
- 1 package Aunt Millie’s Hearth Hawaiian Hamburger Buns
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 pound country sausage
- 1 medium sweet onion
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- ⅔ cup crushed pineapple (canned with juice)
- 1 package Swiss cheese, sliced
- 4 tablespoons pineapple juice (reserved from canned pineapple)
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Sherry cooking wine
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
- Black pepper, to taste
Directions | Yield: 8 servings of Hawaiian Grilled Burgers
- Cut red bell pepper and onion into long thin strips (Julienne cut) and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine marinade Ingredients. Mix well.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground turkey and sausage. Mix in marinade until evenly coated.
- Divide mixture into twelve 2-ounce patties. Cook patties over medium-high heat for approximately 4 minutes per side or until no pink remains within patties.
- In a separate cooking pan, sauté red peppers, onions, and crushed pineapple over medium-high heat for approximately 5-8 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Set the oven to broil. Slice 12 Aunt Millie’s Hawaiian Dinner Rolls and place open-faced on a cooking sheet. Place cooking sheet in oven for 2-3 minutes or until rolls are lightly browned.
- Between sliced hamburger bun, apply patties topped with sautéed pineapple, vegetables, and cheese.
- Serve and enjoy your Hawaiian Grilled Burger!