- 1 package Aunt Millie’s Stadium Hamburger Buns
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces queso fresco, cut into 4 slices
- Cilantro aioli, recipe below
- Chimichurri vinaigrette, recipe below
- Lettuce, tomato, red onion (optional)
- 4 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- ½ teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- ⅓ cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- ⅛ cup fresh oregano leaves, chopped
- Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
Directions | Yield: 8 servings
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Gently combine ground beef, garlic powder, black pepper, salt, and shape into 4 patties. Set aside.
- For the cilantro mayo: Blend all Ingredients in a food processor except mayonnaise and salt and pepper. Process until cilantro is fine. Add mayonnaise and process just until blended. Season with salt and pepper.
- For the chimichurri vinaigrette: Mix the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, red pepper flakes, cilantro, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill patties for 6-8 minutes on each side, topping with queso fresco the last few minutes of cooking. Thermometer should register 165°F.