Ingredients needed for Oklahoma Super Onion Burgers
- 1 package of Aunt Millie’s Hearth Onion Buns
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 white onion, thinly sliced
- 4 Monterey Jack cheese slices
- 1 jar dill pickle slices
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided into 4 pats
- yellow mustard
- French’s Crispy French Onions
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions | Yield: 4 Servings of Oklahoma Super Onion Burgers
- Divide ground beef into four-ounce patties. Shape the ground beef into thin patties roughly the size of the buns or slightly larger. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium heat and place the 4 pats of butter around it, allowing it to melt and coat the bottom of the skillet. Once the butter is melted, add patties to the cast iron skillet.
- Add a generous helping of thinly sliced onions to the tops of each patty, allowing the burgers to cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Once the patties are ready to turn, flip the burger and onions and press down with a spatula. Reduce heat to low, cover skillet, and cook for approximately 2 minutes.
- Remove the cover and add the top and bottom bun face down on each patty. Cover again and let buns steam for 2 minutes.
- Remove the cover and the buns from the skillet. Place a slice of Monterey Jack cheese on each patty and allow to melt.
- Once the cheese is melted, remove the burgers from the skillet and place on the bottom Onion Bun; add on dill pickle slices, French’s Crispy French Onions, yellow mustard, and top with the remaining bun.
- Devour immediately and enjoy your Oklahoma Super Onion Burger!