Ingredients Needed for Avocado BLT
- 2 slices Aunt Millie’s Live Carb Smart® Wheat Bread
- ¼ avocado, mashed
- 2-3 lettuce leaves
- 2 slices center cut bacon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Directions | Yield: 1 servings of Avocado BLT
- Prepare oven-baked bacon: Lay the slices out in a baking dish at least 2-inches deep and bake in a 400°F oven for 10 to 12 minutes, until the meat just begins to brown and crisp around the edges (bacon, like other meat, will continue to cook after you remove it from the oven).
- Toast your bread lightly.
- Prepare avocado by slicing it in half and removing the pit. Mash 1 quarter of the avocado and spread on one slice of bread. Set aside 1 half and quarter the other half. and save for your next meal.
- Top with lettuce, tomato and bacon.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Top with a second slice of toasted bread and cut in half.
- Serve and enjoy your Avocado BLT!