Ingredients Needed for a Breakfast Hot Dogs
- 1 package of Aunt Millie’s Hearth Top Cut White Hot Dog Buns
- 1 package of all-beef hot dogs
- ½ pound bacon, rough chop to 1″ pieces, (optional to wrap bacon around hot dog)
- 26 ounces frozen shredded hash browns
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons white onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons green bell pepper, diced
- hot sauce, salsa, ketchup, or a condiment of your choice
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions | Yield: 4 servings of a Breakfast Hot Dogs
- Prepare hash browns according to package directions.
- Heat a medium nonstick pan over medium heat and cook bacon until crispy. Remove bacon from heat and place on a paper towel-lined plate, and pat away bacon grease. Reserve 1 tablespoon of bacon grease. If you choose to wrap your dog with bacon, do not cook the bacon first. Wrap bacon around hot dog and cook together.
- Cook hot dogs your favorite way until heated through. Lightly toast your hot dog buns.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs until smooth; combine onions, bell peppers, and salt and pepper to taste. Return pan to medium heat and cook eggs until fluffy, stirring consistently for about 5 minutes.
- In your toasted hot dog buns, place hash browns on one side and bacon pieces on the other side of the bun. Place the hot dog on top of the hashbrowns and bacon and top with scrambled eggs and condiment of choice.
- Serve immediately and enjoy your Breakfast Hot Dogs.