- 4 slices Aunt Millie’s Live Light Whole Grain Bread, cubed and lightly toasted
- 6 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ cup salted butter, melted
Directions | Yield: 6 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Place apples into a baking dish.
- Top with the toasted bread cubes, and drizzle the top with melted butter.
- Cover the pan with foil, and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes.
- Enjoy hot from the oven.