Ingredients Needed for Cast Iron Blueberry Stuffed French Toast
- 1½ loaves of Aunt Millie’s Cinnamon Swirl Bread
- 6 eggs
- 2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 cups blueberries, divided
- 4 tablespoon butter, melted
Cream Cheese Mixture
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
Directions for Cast Iron Blueberry Stuffed French Toast
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Combine the cream cheese mixture ingredients in a medium bowl. Fold in 1 c. of blueberries and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, and maple syrup.
- Add sliced bread to the egg mixture. Let each slice soak some of it up.
- Spread melted butter around the cast iron pan. Layer soaked bread slices in the bottom of the cast iron pan.
- Equally distribute the cream cheese mixture and remainder of fresh blueberries over the bread.
- Pour any remaining bread mixture into the cast iron pan.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue to bake approximately 15 – 30 minutes more, or until stuffed French toast is set and the top is golden.
- Serve and enjoy your Cast Iron Blueberry Stuffed French Toast!