Ingredients Needed for Cast Iron Blueberry Stuffed French Toast
- 1-1/2 Loaves of Aunt Millie’s Cinnamon Swirl Bread
- 6 Eggs
- 2 c. Milk
- 1 t. Cinnamon
- 1/4 t. Nutmeg
- 1 T. Vanilla
- 1/3 c. Maple syrup
- 2 c. Blueberries, divided
- 4 T. Butter, melted
Cream Cheese Mixture
- 8 oz. Cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c. Milk
- 1/4 t. Cinnamon
Directions for Cast Iron Blueberry Stuffed French Toast
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Combine the cream cheese mixture ingredients in a medium bowl. Fold in 1 c. of blueberries and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, and maple syrup.
- Add sliced bread to the egg mixture. Let each slice soak some of it up.
- Spread melted butter around the cast iron pan. Layer soaked bread slices in the bottom of the cast iron pan.
- Equally distribute the cream cheese mixture and remainder of fresh blueberries over the bread.
- Pour any remaining bread mixture into the cast iron pan.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue to bake approximately 15 – 30 minutes more, or until stuffed French toast is set and the top is golden.