- 1 loaf of Aunt Millie’s Cinnamon Swirl Bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1½ cups pitted cherries, fresh, or thawed if frozen
- ¾ cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup toasted almonds
- 4 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 cup skim milk
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions | Yield: 8 servings
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Coat an 11×7-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Whisk egg whites, eggs and milk in a bowl. Stir in sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Combine the bread, cherries, chocolate chips, and almonds in a large bowl. Add custard mixture and stir to combine.
- Place bread mixture in the baking pan and cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then uncover and bake an additional 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool before serving.