Ingredients Needed for French Toast Roll-Ups
- 8 slices Aunt Millie’s Buttermilk White Bread
- ¾ cups spreadable cream cheese
- ½ cup your favorite jam, jelly, or spread
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Maple syrup or honey, for topping
Directions | Yield: 4 servings of French Toast Roll-Ups
- Trim crusts from bread; save for another use. Use a rolling pin or the palm of your hand to flatten bread. Spread cream cheese on each slice, leaving a small border of plain bread all around. Top evenly with jam; roll up into logs.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Roll each log in egg mixture until completely coated.
- In large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Place logs, seam-side down, in skillet. Cook for 2 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cook, turning as needed, for an additional 3 to 5 minutes or until browned all over. Serve with warm maple syrup or honey for dipping and enjoy your French Toast Roll-Ups!
Tip: Dust with icing sugar and serve with fresh raspberries for a special presentation.