- 8 slices Aunt Millie’s Cinnamon Swirl Bread
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup ground nutmeg
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- Dried fruits – i.e. raisins, dried cranberries, dried blueberries
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ tablespoon milk
Directions | Yield: 4 servings
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Toss each bread slice in the egg mixture until bread is completely coated.
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Place bread slices in a skillet and cook 3-4 minutes per side, or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, stir together powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk until a smooth glaze.
- Stack French toast and top with powdered sugar icing. Serve with dried fruits for a special presentation.