- 1 Package Aunt Millie’s Brioche Dinner Rolls
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 cups Stella Cheese Mozzarella or Fontinella cheese , shredded and divided
- ½ cup Stella Cheese Asiago or Parmesan cheese , shredded or shaved
- 12 (1-inch) diameter cooked meatballs
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 2 Tablespoons fresh flat leafed parsley (optional) , chopped
Directions | Yield: 12 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350°F degrees and heat through the meatballs in the marinara sauce over medium-low stove temperature.
- Lightly grease with butter in a 9×12-inch baking dish. Separate top buns from the bottoms and place the baking pan. Using a cookie cutter or your fingers, cut out 1-inch diameter circles in each top bun. Brush olive oil over the cut top of the bottom bread bun, then sprinkle with garlic powder. Evenly distribute ½ cup of Stella Mozzarella or Fontinella cheese and the ½ cup of Asiago or Parmesan cheese over the top. Place dabs of the marinara sauce (about ½ cup) across top of cheese and top with the bread bun top layer.
- Place one meatball in each hole of the bun and can dab each with a little extra marinara, if desired. Evenly top with the remaining 1½ cups of Mozzarella or Fontinella cheese.
- Cover the top loosely with aluminum foil for 10 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 12 minutes, or until cheese is all melted and insides are heated through.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley. Serve immediately!