Ingredients Needed for Meatball Sliders
- 1 Package Aunt Millie’s Unsliced White Dinner Rolls
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 cups Stella Cheese Mozzarella or Fontinella cheese, shredded and divided
- ½ cup Stella Cheese Asiago or Parmesan cheese, shredded or shaved
- 12 (1-inch) diameter cooked meatballs
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat leafed parsley (optional), chopped
Directions | Yield: 12 servings of Meatball Sliders
- Preheat the oven to 350°F degrees and heat through the meatballs in the marinara sauce over medium-low stove temperature.
- Lightly grease with butter in a 9 ” ×12″ baking dish. Separate top buns from the bottoms and place the baking pan. Using a cookie cutter or your fingers, cut out 1″ diameter circles in each top bun. Brush olive oil over the cut top of the bottom bread bun, then sprinkle with garlic powder. Evenly distribute ½ cup of Stella Mozzarella or Fontinella cheese and the ½ cup of Asiago or Parmesan cheese over the top. Place dabs of the marinara sauce (about ½ cup) across top of cheese and top with the bread bun top layer.
- Place one meatball in each hole of the bun and can dab each with a little extra marinara, if desired. Evenly top with the remaining 1½ cups of Mozzarella or Fontinella cheese.
- Cover the top loosely with aluminum foil for 10 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 12 minutes, or until cheese is all melted and insides are heated through.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley. Serve immediately and enjoy your Meatball Sliders!