Skip to main content
Ingredients Needed for Chamomile Toast Brulee
- 4 slices of Aunt Millie’s Texas Toast
- 1 cup half-and-half
- ¼ ounce dried Chamomile
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- Special Equipment: Torch, like used for Crème Brulèe
Directions | Yield: 4 servings of Chamomile Toast Brulee
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Warm half-and-half until it’s almost to a simmer. Add chamomile and turn off heat. Steep uncovered for 10 minutes, then strain. Sweeten with condensed milk to taste.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of butter on both sides of each slice of bread. Lay the bread slices on a baking sheet and bake until edges are lightly browned.
- Dip each piece of toast in sugar on one side only, and sprinkle a little more sugar on the bread.
- Torch the sugared toast on a metal rack over a baking sheet. NOTE: Keep the torch 2-3 inches above the sugar. Melt and brown the sugar until it is almost caramelized.
- Pour some of the sweetened milk mixture into a bowl, and top with the toasted bread.
- Serve immediately and enjoy your Chamomile Toast Brulee!
Products in this Recipe