- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 c. cubed Aunt Millie’s Live Carb Smart bread
- 2 tbsp minced fresh rosemary
- 1 c. Kerrygold Aged Cheddar Cheese—shredded
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 1 c. 2% milk
- 1 pinch salt and pepper to taste
Directions | Yield: 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC).
- Heat olive oil in a cast iron pan, and cook onion and rosemary in oil until onion is soft.
- Toss bread cubes with olive oil and onions. Exact measurement of bread is not necessary. Place in a well oiled, deep sided, 9 inch square pan. Toss with 1/2 cheese, and sprinkle remaining cheese over the top.
- Beat together milk, cream, and eggs. Pour over bread in pan. It is fine that the bread sticks out of the custard.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until browned and a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean (except for melted cheese).