Skip to main content
Ingredients needed for Patty Melts
- 1 loaf of Aunt Millie’s Seedless Rye Bread
- 1 pound of Ground Beef
- 8 slices of Swiss cheese
- 1 large white onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Directions for Patty Melts
- In a large skillet, set to medium-high heat and melt 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Add the onions to the skillet and season with salt and Pepper to taste. Cook onions until soft and brown. Once finished, remove from skillet and transfer to a bowl.
- Combine ground beef, Worcestershire Sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt and Pepper to taste in a large mixing bowl. Mix and shape into 4 even patties.
- Over medium-high heat, cook the patties to the desired temperature in the same pan as the onions. Remove and set aside once cooked.
- Wipe down the skillet and set to medium-low heat.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread and add the buttered side to the skillet.
- Place one slice of cheese on the bread in the skillet, layer with a patty, onions, and the other slice of cheese. Top each sandwich with the remaining slices of bread buttered side up.
- Cook until golden brown, and the cheese has melted. Remove from skillet once finished.
- Serve and enjoy your Patty Melts!
Products in this Recipe