Ingredients Needed for Sloppy Chori Joes
- 1 package Aunt Millie’s Hearth Whole Grain Hamburger Buns
- 1 pound Chorizo
- ¼ pound ground beef, preferable 90/10 blend
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1 c. canned tomato sauce
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoon brown sugar
Directions | Yield: 8 servings of Sloppy Chori Joes
- Remove casing from chorizo, if applicable. Place chorizo and ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat. Break up meats with a spatula, cooking for 10 minutes.
- Add onion, garlic, and jalapeño and continue to cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, stirring to thoroughly combine. Transfer to a slow cooker, and cook over low heat for 2-4 hours.
- Serve on Aunt Millie’s Whole Grain Hamburger buns, and top with cheese if desired and enjoy your Sloppy Chori Joes.