Ingredients Needed for Eggs Mornay
- 1 package Aunt Millie’s 100% Whole Wheat English Muffins
- 8 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and sliced
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups 1% Milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup shredded Swiss cheese
- ⅓ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Directions | Yield: 12 servings of Eggs Mornay
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Lay eggs in the bottom of a greased baking dish.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter and blend in the flour. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Gradually whisk in the milk and cream, stirring constantly until thick and bubbly.
- Add Swiss cheese and stir until melted. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour cheese mixture over eggs, top with Parmesan cheese, and bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast each English muffin half in a toaster. Spread with a small amount of butter while warm.
- Remove eggs from the oven, and top each English muffin with the desired amount of egg mixture.
- Serve and enjoy your Eggs Mornay!